What Are the Rules on Weddings?
The impact that the coronavirus has had on all our lives has been huge. In a matter of months, it has turned everything about our society on its head and has been forever changed. For anyone planning a wedding in 2020 during the current situation, there are a lot of questions you want answering and concerns addressed. If your wedding has been impacted or affected by the coronavirus, here are the things you need to know.
Wedding Ceremonies & Reception Celebrations
On the 29th June, the Government has allowed small wedding ceremonies and civil partnerships to take place from the 4th July. A couple can marry with up to thirty people present, but this includes staff at the venue and the couple.
In addition to this, a reception is advised against taking place, however, in England, a small celebration is allowed to occur indoors, but only with two households, or it can take place outside with six people from different households.
In Scotland, an outdoor ceremony is allowed to take place with a maximum of eight people present. In Northern Ireland, wedding ceremonies of up to ten people are allowed to take place. In Wales, they have lifted the ban as long as weddings are small enough to maintain social distancing.
What does the Government advice say?
Here are some of the new guidelines set out by the government to ensure social distancing is maintained and the spread of coronavirus is prevented.
- No more than 30 people in attendance
- All ceremonies must be in a ‘COVID-19 secure environment’ with everyone following social distancing
- Ceremonies and services should be concluded in the shortest possible time
- Food and drink should not be consumed as part of the service
- People should avoid shouting, singing and raising their voices. Any music played should be at a reasonable level so guests do not need to shout over it
- Avoid face-to-face seating, reduce the number of people in an enclosed space, use protective screens as well as use face coverings
- From 1st August small wedding receptions can take place for sit down meals of no more than 30 people
Full government advice and guidelines can be found here.
Contact Jaspers Event Hire
Whatever your wedding or event hire requirements for the future, please get in contact with our friendly team based in Luton. You can call us on 01582 749 966 or fill out our online contact form and we’ll be in touch.